Lexington County School District Three is excited to launch online registration for the 2019-2020 school year for both new and returning students. The registration portals can be found by looking under the “Quick Links” section at the top of this page. (Spanish forms can be found there as well.) Additional information is outlined below regarding registration for “Returning Students” and “New Students.” Parents and guardians must complete a separate online registration form for each child who will be attending Lexington Three during the 2019-2020 school year. All students should be registered online prior to the Schedule Pick-Up/Meet the Teacher event on August 14th.
*Please read all the way to the bottom of this page for more pertinent information.
Students who have previously attended a Lexington Three school will register using the “Returning Student Registration” portal on the Lexington Three website. Parents can access this portal under the “Quick Links” section at the top of this page. In order to complete the registration process, parents of returning students will need to have their child’s “snapcode.” This code is being mailed to all parents/guardians starting the week of July 22nd. (Every child has a unique snapcode that may change from year-to-year. A separate online registration form must be completed for every student.) Please note that upon completion of the online registration forms, there will be an option for parents to pay their child’s fees online. If parents and guardians would rather wait and pay their child’s fees in person, this can be done on August 14th when they attend the Schedule Pick-Up/Meet the Teacher event. This event is happening from 10 am until 1 pm and 4 pm until 7 pm at B-L Primary, B-L Elementary, B-L Middle and B-L High Schools.
Students who will be brand new to Lexington School District Three (those who have never attended one of the district’s schools) will register using the “New Student Registration” portal on the Lexington Three website. Parents can look under the “Quick Links” section at the top of this page to find the portal. Parents of new students will not need a “snapcode” in order to complete the online registration form. Please note that parents and guardians of new students must pay their child’s fees in person on August 14th when they attend the Schedule Pick-Up/Meet the Teacher event. This event is happening from 10 am until 1 pm and 4 pm until 7 pm at B-L Primary, B-L Elementary, B-L Middle and B-L High Schools. At this time, parents of new students should also bring the following documentation with them. Children will not be enrolled without these items.
- State or Military Birth Certificate from the Bureau of Vital Statistics
- South Carolina Certificate of Immunization (available from the Health Department or your child’s doctor’s office)
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Residency in Lexington County School District Three (power bill, home phone bill, etc. with parent’s or guardian’s name and street address (not P.O. Box) and a copy of the parent’s/guardian’s picture ID with the same address)
- Proof of Income (This can be in the form of a Medicaid card, W2 form or pay stub.)
Persons living outside of the Lexington Three attendance area who wish to have their child attend Lexington Three schools must have the items listed above (with the exception of #4) in addition to the following:
- Parents/guardians of out-of-district students must provide transportation to and from school.
- Students must receive a release from their home school district and provide that release to Lexington Three.
- If the child attended school in their home district prior to coming to Lexington Three, they must provide documentation showing that they are in good standing in academics, discipline and attendance in their home school district.
- Out-of-district students will only be accepted if sufficient space in each grade is available and if they are in good standing in academics, discipline and attendance in their home school district. Children living within Lexington Three will be given priority of enrolling if space becomes an issue in a class or grade.
- Anyone with questions regarding out-of-district registration can contact Tanya Derrick at 803-532-4423.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR EVERYONE
All parents and students should attend the Schedule Pick-Up/Meet the Teacher event on August 14th between the hours of 10 am and 1 pm and 4 pm and 7 pm. This event is being held at B-L Primary, B-L Elementary, B-L Middle and B-L High Schools. Students should be registered online prior to this date. If a parent cannot, for whatever reason, register his/her child/children online, there will be computer labs set up at each school on August 14th during the Schedule Pick-Up/Meet the Teacher event. (Translators will be on-hand at each of the schools on August 14th to assist non-English-speaking families.) However, the district hopes to have the majority of students registered online prior to August 14th.
*All parents who received either a Direct Certification letter or a letter of Meal Benefits from the Lexington Three Food Services Department MUST bring those letters with them on August 14th to the Schedule Pick-Up/Meet the Teacher event at their child’s school. Parents/guardians who wish to go ahead and add money to their student’s meal account can do so by visiting MySchoolBucks.com.
**Parents who pre-registered their child/children for K4 or K5 classes at B-L Primary School back in May, June or July should still complete an online registration form in order to verify information. These parents will receive a snapcode for their pre-registered child and should use the “Returning Student Registration” link on the Lexington Three website.
***Please make note of the updated immunization requirements from DHEC: https://www.scdhec.gov/health/vaccinations/back-school-immunization-toolkit
The first day of school for the 2019-2020 school year is August 19th.