Lexington County School District Three is excited to launch online registration for the 2018-2019 school year for both new and returning students. The registration portals can be found by visiting www.lex3.org and looking under the “Quick Links” section at the top of the homepage. Please note that online registration is replacing the paper forms that have traditionally been filled out at the beginning of each school year. Additional information is outlined below regarding registration for “Returning Students” and “New Students.” Parents and guardians must complete a separate registration form for each child who will be attending Lexington Three during the 2018-2019 school year. All students should be registered online prior to the Fee Collection/Schedule Pick-Up/Meet the Teacher event on August 16th.
Students who have previously attended a Lexington Three school will register using the “Returning Student Registration” portal on the Lexington Three website. Parents can access this portal under the “Quick Links” section of the homepage. In order to complete the registration process, parents of returning students will need to have their child’s “snapcode.” This code was mailed to every parent on July 30th. (Every child has a unique snapcode.) If you did not receive the letter with your child's snapcode or if you have misplaced it, contact your child's school for assistance. Please note that no fees will be paid online during the registration process. Instead, parents will pay all student fees, purchase meal tickets, get class assignments and meet teachers on August 16th at the Fee Collection/Schedule Pick-Up/Meet the Teacher event. This event is happening from 11 am until 7 pm at B-L Primary, B-L Elementary, B-L Middle and B-L High Schools.
Students who will be brand new to Lexington School District Three (those who have never attended one of the district’s schools) will register using the “New Student Registration” portal on the Lexington Three website. (Parents can go to www.lex3.org and look under the “Quick Links” section of the homepage to find the portal. Parents of new students will not need a “snapcode” in order to complete the online registration.) Please note that no fees will be paid online during the registration process. Instead, parents will pay all student fees, purchase meal tickets, get class assignments and meet teachers on August 16th at the Fee Collection/Schedule Pick-Up/Meet the Teacher event. This event is happening from 11 am until 7 pm at B-L Primary, B-L Elementary, B-L Middle and B-L High Schools. At this time, parents of new students should also bring the following documentation with them. Children will not be enrolled without these items.
- State or Military Birth Certificate from the Bureau of Vital Statistics
- South Carolina Certificate of Immunization (available from the Health Department or your child’s doctor’s office)
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Residency in Lexington County School District Three (power bill, home phone bill, etc. with parent’s or guardian’s name and street address (not P.O. Box) and a copy of the parent’s/guardian’s picture ID with the same address)
Persons living outside of the Lexington County School District Three attendance area who wish to have their child attend Lexington Three schools must have the first three items listed above in addition to the following:
- Parents/guardians of out-of-district students must provide transportation to and from school.
- Students must receive a release from their home school district and provide that release to Lexington Three.
- If the child attended school in their home district prior to coming to Lexington Three, they must provide documentation showing that they are in good standing in academics, discipline and attendance in their home school district.
- Out-of-district students will only be accepted if sufficient space in each grade is available and if they are in good standing in academics, discipline and attendance in their home school district. Children living within Lexington Three will be given priority of enrolling if space becomes an issue in a class or grade.
- Anyone with questions regarding out-of-district registration can contact Tanya Derrick at 803-532-4423.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR EVERYONE
All parents and students should attend the Fee Collection/Schedule Pick-Up/Meet the Teacher event on August 16th between the hours of 11 am and 7 pm. This event is being held at B-L Primary, B-L Elementary, B-L Middle and B-L High Schools. Students should be registered online prior to this date. If a parent cannot (for whatever reason) register his/her child/children online, there will be computer labs set up at each school on August 16th during the Fee Collection/Schedule Pick-Up/Meet the Teacher event. (Translators will be on-hand at each of the schools on August 16th to assist non-English-speaking families.) However, the district hopes to have the majority of students registered online prior to August 16th.
All parents who received either a Direct Certification letter or a letter of Meal Benefits from the Lexington Three Food Services Department MUST bring those letters with them on August 16th to the Fee Collection/Schedule Pick-Up/Meet the Teacher event at their child’s school.
On August 16th, B-L High School will also host its Freshmen Orientation. Rising 9th grade students and their parents are encouraged to attend the special orientation, which will begin at 2 pm and last until 4 pm. Students can pick up their schedules, meet their teachers, and parents can pay fees either before or after Freshmen Orientation.
Parents who pre-registered their child/children for K4 or K5 classes at B-L Primary School back in May should still complete an online registration form in order to verify information. These parents will receive a snapcode for their pre-registered child and should use the “Returning Student Registration” link on the Lexington Three website.
The first day of school for the 2018-2019 school year is August 20th.